NORVAN Presents our
8th Annual Education Day.
Friday April 21st, 2017
Hilton Sacramento Arden West
PROGRAM TOPICS AND PRESENTERS:
Under the Light - NIR
Gregory J Schears, MD
1. Describe how NIR imaging systems can be used as a screening tool for vascular pre-assessment.
2. Assess vasculature with NIR identifying valves, bifurcations.
3. Distinguish good vs. poor vascular access targets
Arterial Infection Prevention
Amy Bardin EdD(c) MS, RRT, VA-BC
Review literature comparing infection rates with peripheral arterial and central venous catheters.
Describe recommendations for peripheral arterial catheters with special emphasis on catheter-related infection.
Discuss strategies for reducing risks associated with peripheral arterial catheters in clinical practice.
Vascular Assessment: Are you doing your due diligence
Rebecca Brestel, RN, BSN, CRNI, VA-BC
- 7. Review the 2016 INS Standards of Care in alignment to vascular access procedures and outcomes.
- 8. Recognize the importance of quality programs in assessing and implementing evidence based practices to vascular access.
- 9. Discuss the challenges of vascular access to capture measurable outcomes in the delivery of quality care.
The Changing Healthcare Landscape: Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act
Renee’ Odehnal, MS, BSN, RN, CRNI, VA-BC
- 10. Describe how the ACA has impacted HAI prevention strategies.
- 11. Identify the best study design to appraise product effectiveness in HAI prevention.
- 12. Discuss how to evaluate product labeling, written claims and verbal clams.
- 13. Describe the changing healthcare landscape, history and HAI impact.
Midline Catheters: Are they safe?
Marcia Ryder, PhD, MS, RN
- 14. Examine the evidence supporting the midline catheter as a safe alternative vascular access device.
- 15. Outline the determining factors in the device selection process for appropriate use of the midline catheter.
- 16. Consider the pathophysiological effects of drug and solution composition on venous pathology.
Early Bird Registration, by March 24th, 2017
NORVAN Member: $100
Non Member: $140 (Hint: join NORVAN and save $10)
CVAN/BAVAN Members receive a $15 discount.
RN Student: $60
Regular registration, March 25th - April 10th, 2017
NORVAN Members $125
Late registration, April 11th-19th 2017
Deadline to register: April 19, 2017
No refunds after: April 19th , 2017
Light breakfast, lunch and refreshments included.
Click to get directions
For hotel reservations, contact Hilton Arden West
Use group code NVN
Room rates for conference attendees:
Thursday April 20th: $139
Please book your rooms by March 31st