Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI) Prevention
Lori Schaumleffel, R.N., BSN, PHN, CIC, COHN-S
HAI Performance Coordinator for the
California Department of Public Health
Date & Location:
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017
6:30pm sign in
Speaker 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Sutter Roseville Medical Center
1 Medical Plaza
Roseville, CA 95661
Level 2 - Conference rooms A & B
The presentation will describe practices to avoid central line associated bloodstream infection (CLABSI), and will review the definitions used by Medicare and the California Department of Public Health to identify a CLABSI.
• Describe the etiology and epidemiology of central line associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI)
• Identify risks associated with CLABSI
• Identify evidence-based practices for CLABSI prevention
• Describe the development of “bundles” and their impact on CLABSI prevention
• Review CLABSI surveillance definitions
Deadline to register is January 20th. No refunds after January 20th.
Course approved for 1 contact hour.